Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2015

rock harvest

 today's project was to prepare the holes for the dahlias.
remember, 2 years ago, i hired somebody to dig these holes out with a pike.
well, rocks grow.
and this year's harvest was pretty good!

 some things i just don't understand.

 and yes, i did this all by myself this year.
after removing the rocks i went round and fluffed it up.
then went back and forth to the manure pile and added 3 shovelfulls to each hole.
 everybody gets all freaked out by horse manure.
but this stuff is beautiful and amazing,
 and i've been using it for 3 years with excellent results.

i have 99 holes and i was pleased to get this much done today. 
check back tomorrow for the rest of the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment